CoffeeStrong delivers the best Costa Rican Coffee Products on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Costa Rican Coffee
Costa Rican coffees set the standard for washed (wet processed) bright Central American coffees. They are high grown very well in awesome volcanic soil. These two factors come together to produce a very bright and very clean coffee. The best Costa Rican coffees have a hint of berry fruitiness to compliment the outright brightness.
Best Costa Rican Coffees Products
- High grown and carefully harvested Costa Rican coffee.
- Café Britt uses a European Water based process to decaffeinate the highest quality beans.
- Weight: 12 Ounces (340 grams).
- Perfect for at-home coffee roasters.
- High-quality raw unroasted coffee beans.
- Custom roast the coffee to fit your own unique tastes.
- 5 lb. Bag, Single Origin
- QUALITY COFFEE, NOW IN K-CUPS: Since Alfred Peet opened his first coffee shop, Peet's Coffee has been known for quality coffees, carefully roasted for full flavor. Now that quality flavor is in the convenience of single serve K-Cups for all Keurig Brewers.
- BLENDS FOR ALL TASTES: Single serve doesn't mean single taste. Whether you enjoy starting each morning with Peet's dark roast House Blend, our light roast Café Domingo, or you prefer a variety, you can keep your morning routine without brewing a whole pot.
- SAME CARE, SAME COFFEE: The coffee in Peet's K-Cups for your Keurig Brewing System is the same quality coffee, roasted with the same care, as our bagged coffee. Enjoy the convenience of a single cup of fresh coffee with the taste & quality of Peet's.
- LIGHT, MEDIUM & DARK ROAST: Peet's K-Cup single serve coffee pods brew a mug of coffee in some of our most popular blends. Light roast coffees are mild & smooth, medium roast coffees are smooth & aromatic, while dark roast coffees are smoky & full bodied.
- COMPARE WITH: Eight O'clock, Vitascope, illy, Folgers, Organic Coffee Co., Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Koffee Kult, Copper Moon, Community Coffee, Kauai Coffee, Kicking Horse Coffee, Ethical Bean Coffee, Don Tomas Coffee, Caza Trail Coffee, Hygge Coffee Co.
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! The coffee has a pleasing intensity.
- Sweet qualities: dates, dark grape. The finish is excellent, filling the mouth with a smooth spicy aftertaste.
- The coffee is complex with strong bottom structure, chocolate, malt, and a rapidly emerging mid-range of honey, dates, almost grape.
- The dry fragrance was predominate of apricot, sweet earth.
- Highly recommended... amazing at all roast levels.
- This premium Costa Rican coffee is fresh roasted right after you order it; it's roasted on demand just for you
- 100% Specialty Grade Arabica Coffee; Boca Java hand selects the top 2% of Arabica beans from the finest growers worldwide
- Roasted using a small batch technique that delivers perfectly timed roasting for consistent quality
- Pack of 2, 8 ounce stay-fresh bags (1 pound fresh-roasted coffee); Each stay-fresh bag features a zipper top that can be resealed to keep your coffee fresher, longer
- This premium gourmet coffee is so freshly roasted that its still warm when we ship it
- 100% aromatic, Inherent characteristic of costa Rican coffee
- The perfect color of ground coffee that stands out consistency, dried or prepared
- Perfect grain size to influence the infusion or preparation process
- Slight bitter flavor that shows off superior quality
- Single Origin
- 12 oz. 3 Pack, Whole Bean
- Coffee is roasted in our environmentally friendly coffee roaster.
- Mild Body, Medium Roast
- La Minita Tarrazu Costa Rican coffee is fanatically processed and prepared
- Grown at 4,000 to 7,000 above sea level
- Full body, pleasant acidity and a nutty aftertaste
- A "classically complete" coffee
- Decaffeinated using the premium and all natural pure Swiss Water Process
- 100% Aromatic... inherent characteristic of Costa Rican coffee.
- The perfect color of ground coffee that stands out consistency, dried or prepared.
- Perfect grain size to influence the infusion or preparation process.
- 100% Pure Arabica Coffee. Not mixed with sugar or other ingredients.
- Slight bitter flavor that shows off superior quality.
Top 5 Mention worthy facts about Costa Rican coffee
Coffee production enjoys a crucial role in Costa Rica’s economy. In 2006, Coffee was Costa Rica’s third-leading export and also enjoyed the number one ranked cash crop for the past few decades. Although Costa Rica fulfills only around 1 percent of the worlds coffee requirements, this still is pretty impressive keeping in mind the fact that Costa Rica is really small country.
Here are some pretty unique facts concerning coffee production in this small yet beautiful country:
1. Coffee production and cheap labor
The backbone of this industry is the cheap labors hired in the form of Nicaraguan immigrants. They are paid a measly 1.5 dollars for every basket picked, although they still fall above the other private sector industries of Costa Rica, as compared to which they are pretty much well paid.
This perhaps is the most interesting thing about Costa Rican coffee. The chorreador is a traditional brewing device used for more than two hundred years. It is essentially a wooden stand which holds the coffee cup or pot and also a sock that is held open by a wire or rim. Coffee is then brewed in the traditional method inside a cloth bag and hot water is poured all over it which drenches the whole thing and extracts the coffee flavor and aroma. This is allowed to drip or trickle into a cup, which can be then collected and enjoyed. After opting for this method only once, your taste buds will be alarmed the new change and would never want to revert back to the conventional methods.
3. Coffee characteristics and flavor profile
In Costa Rica, coffee grows at an altitude of around 1200 to 1800 meters above sea level. The harvest period ranges from December to February. It is of the plant variety of Caturra and Catuai. It has a great body, a rich and full taste, with robust accents, and crisp acidity. It is distinguished on the basis of its fruity and acidic tones yet having a clean and crisp taste. It emits an aroma which can only be described as brown sugary sweetness, citrusy notes and apricot like fruity flavors.
4. Costa Rica coffee tours
Coffee production benefits this country by encouraging and appealing tourist to sign up for coffee plantation tours. These are quite adventurous activities which interest tourist and are structured to provide them with interest and knowledge. These tours demonstrate coffee farming as an important industry and a rich history. This can, on a very practical level be enjoyed to its fullest extent in reality while only watching YouTube videos would not do justice to this experience.
5. Starbucks reserve program
Starbucks which is one of the leading coffee brands offers Costa Rican coffee as a single origin rather than blend, which allows consumers to enjoy this coffee in its purest form available. It is to be kept in mind that it’s bright and citrusy flavor makes it an ideal choice to be used in blends, but it should be kept in mind that most of these brands would not mention this fact that a specific blend contains Costa Rican coffee. So you might never know when you’d be enjoying the ghost of this, particularly delicious coffee.
In conclusion, Costa Rica has quite made its mark in the world with the help of its coffee beans. This coffee enjoys a prestigious reputation amongst coffee connoisseurs and first-timers alike.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-10-17