CoffeeStrong delivers the best Costa Rican Coffee Products on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
Costa Rican Coffee
Costa Rican coffees set the standard for washed (wet processed) bright Central American coffees. They are high grown very well in awesome volcanic soil. These two factors come together to produce a very bright and very clean coffee. The best Costa Rican coffees have a hint of berry fruitiness to compliment the outright brightness.
Best Costa Rican Coffees Products
- Cupping Notes: Milk Chocolate, Orange, Balanced
- Coffee is roasted in our environmentally friendly coffee roaster to protect the environment.
- Coffee beans are roasted immediately before packaging.
- COSTA RICAN TARRAZU SPECIALTY WHOLE BEAN COFFEE: Our single origin coffee products are premium quality, only using top-grade Arabica beans from the source. We source beans from one location which means you truly get to taste the beans' best qualities from the region.
- BEAN ORIGIN & TASTING NOTES: These beans come from the mountains of San Marcos Tarrazu in Costa Rica. A full bodied bean with a mellow taste and excellent acidity. A classic drinker, for anytime of the day.
- ROAST LEVEL: (6/7) Medium/Dark and Full Bodied
- BAG SIZE: 1 LB (pound) bag of coffee with a de-gassing valve for freshness.
- UNIQUE COFFEE ROASTERS: Family-owned coffee roaster located in Staten Island, NY. Skilled artisans with over 25 years of roasting experience.
- SINGLE ORIGIN - 100% COSTA RICA COFFEE: Coffee beans from the interior mountains of Costa Rica in Central America are grown at high altitudes for a lively taste with high acidity.
- CUPPING NOTES: Smooth body with high acidity - chocolate flavor is highlighted with caramelized sugars with surprising hints of tangerine and cantaloupe. Like coffee from Panama, Costa Rican coffee is bright, clean and fruity with an underlying roasted nut nuance.
- QUALITY: 100% specialty grade gourmet whole coffee beans. Handcrafted in small batches and carefully chosen in consideration to the origin, quality and flavor profiles.
- PROCESSING: Beans are wet-processed (or washed), where the fruit covering the beans is removed before they are dried, to ensure a clean taste and bright acidity.
- BULK SAVINGS: Our unroasted green coffee beans come in 5 lb bags - perfect for at-home coffee roasters.
- 1lb bag of Unroasted (Green) Costa Rican Dota coffee beans
- High quality raw, unroasted Costa Rican coffee beans with a well-balanced body, flavor, and acidity
- Unroasted green coffee beans have higher levels of chlorogenic acid compared to regular, roasted coffee beans
- Certified Organic by CCOF and USDA; 100% Arabica beans packaged in the USA; one 16-ounce bag
- Roast the beans to your preference in an oven, popcorn popper, skillet, or a roasting appliance
- Store coffee in an airtight container away from light, heat, and moisture; 1 tablespoon of fresh ground coffee per 6-ounce filtered water
- Costa Rican Whole bean coffee, Single Origin, Whole bean, City roast, Medium roast
- Costa Rican Blend Coffee is Medium Roasted to Perfection
- This coffee is Whole Bean and Packed in 2 pound bags
- Coffee Roasted in small batches in a certified safe quality food plant and kosher.
- 100% Arabica Coffee
- This is a premium specialty grade varietal coffee
- El Grana Ricco (Costa Rican Classic) is a medium roast with a mild, well-balanced body, flavor and acidity
- Medium Roast coffees has a fuller body appearance, with a blended balance of acidity and body that begins to give away to the aromas
- Certified Organic by CCOF and USDA; 100% Arabica beans roasted in the USA; bag of one 16-ounce bag
- Coffee beans are hand roasted in small batches to ensure the freshest coffee possible
- Store coffee in an airtight container away from light, heat, and moisture; 2 tablespoons of fresh ground coffee per 6-ounce filtered water
- 1 pack of Britt's Gourmet Coffee
- 100% Costa Rican Arabica Coffee; Kosher; High-mountain grown
- Light roasted; Kosher certified; High-mountain grown SHB (Strictly Hard Bean); Gluten Free
- Premium three layered aluminum packaging and a one-way freshness valve to guarantee maximum freshness
- Selected from the best harvest in Costa Rica's central valley
- USDA Organic
- 2 lb. Bag, Whole Bean
- Coffee is roasted in our environmentally friendly coffee roaster.
- Bold Body, Medium Roast
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! The coffee has a pleasing intensity.
- Sweet qualities: dates, dark grape. The finish is excellent, filling the mouth with a smooth spicy aftertaste.
- The coffee is complex with strong bottom structure, chocolate, malt, and a rapidly emerging mid-range of honey, dates, almost grape.
- The dry fragrance was predominate of apricot, sweet earth.
- Highly recommended... amazing at all roast levels.
- Whole Bean Coffee
- Single Origin
- Region: Tarrazu, Costa Rica
- Roast Intensity: Medium and Full Bodied
- Passion for Quality Since 1919
Top 5 Mention worthy facts about Costa Rican coffee
Coffee production enjoys a crucial role in Costa Rica’s economy. In 2006, Coffee was Costa Rica’s third-leading export and also enjoyed the number one ranked cash crop for the past few decades. Although Costa Rica fulfills only around 1 percent of the worlds coffee requirements, this still is pretty impressive keeping in mind the fact that Costa Rica is really small country.
Here are some pretty unique facts concerning coffee production in this small yet beautiful country:
1. Coffee production and cheap labor
The backbone of this industry is the cheap labors hired in the form of Nicaraguan immigrants. They are paid a measly 1.5 dollars for every basket picked, although they still fall above the other private sector industries of Costa Rica, as compared to which they are pretty much well paid.
This perhaps is the most interesting thing about Costa Rican coffee. The chorreador is a traditional brewing device used for more than two hundred years. It is essentially a wooden stand which holds the coffee cup or pot and also a sock that is held open by a wire or rim. Coffee is then brewed in the traditional method inside a cloth bag and hot water is poured all over it which drenches the whole thing and extracts the coffee flavor and aroma. This is allowed to drip or trickle into a cup, which can be then collected and enjoyed. After opting for this method only once, your taste buds will be alarmed the new change and would never want to revert back to the conventional methods.
3. Coffee characteristics and flavor profile
In Costa Rica, coffee grows at an altitude of around 1200 to 1800 meters above sea level. The harvest period ranges from December to February. It is of the plant variety of Caturra and Catuai. It has a great body, a rich and full taste, with robust accents, and crisp acidity. It is distinguished on the basis of its fruity and acidic tones yet having a clean and crisp taste. It emits an aroma which can only be described as brown sugary sweetness, citrusy notes and apricot like fruity flavors.
4. Costa Rica coffee tours
Coffee production benefits this country by encouraging and appealing tourist to sign up for coffee plantation tours. These are quite adventurous activities which interest tourist and are structured to provide them with interest and knowledge. These tours demonstrate coffee farming as an important industry and a rich history. This can, on a very practical level be enjoyed to its fullest extent in reality while only watching YouTube videos would not do justice to this experience.
5. Starbucks reserve program
Starbucks which is one of the leading coffee brands offers Costa Rican coffee as a single origin rather than blend, which allows consumers to enjoy this coffee in its purest form available. It is to be kept in mind that it’s bright and citrusy flavor makes it an ideal choice to be used in blends, but it should be kept in mind that most of these brands would not mention this fact that a specific blend contains Costa Rican coffee. So you might never know when you’d be enjoying the ghost of this, particularly delicious coffee.
In conclusion, Costa Rica has quite made its mark in the world with the help of its coffee beans. This coffee enjoys a prestigious reputation amongst coffee connoisseurs and first-timers alike.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2018-11-27