CoffeeStrong delivers the best Ethiopian Coffee Products on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
HERE IS WHAT A TOP COFFEE IMPORTER HAS TO SAY ABOUT ETHIOPIAN COFFEE:
Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee. The regal coffees from this country are deserving of such a heritage and stand up to the calling. Referring to Ethiopia as a country of single origin, however, is misleading. Coffees from the different growing regions vary so incredibly that they do not even seem to be from the same planet!
Best Ethiopian Coffees Products
- 24 single serve One Love Real Cup coffee capsules
- From the birthplace of coffee come the exotic floral and berry notes of single-origin Ethiopia Yirgacheffe beans
- Made with 100% USDA certified Ethiopia Yirgacheffe coffee beans
- Compatible for use with Keurig K-Cup Brewers
- Marley Coffee and Real Cup brands have no affiliation with Keurig Green Mountain Inc., Keurig or K-Cup. Keurig and K-Cup are registered trademarks of Keurig Green Mountain Inc.
- FAIR TRADE & ORGANIC: Ethiopian Ground SWP (Swiss Water Processed) Decaf Medium Ground Roast Coffee, 100% Single Origin Fair Trade Organic beans. An incredibly vibrant boutique of aromatics light roast with bold and unique, colorful flavor profile!
- VIBRANT TASTE PROFILE: Chocolate orange, sweet lemon, black tea
- QUALITY SOURCED BEANS: We profile each lot of Organic & Fair Trade Coffee Beans (Grade 1). If it doesn't meet our high standards it is not used.
- SMALL BATCH ROASTERS: Our premium coffee beans are artfully roasted in small batches to ensure fresh delivery of recent roasts. This gives us full control of the profile and creates a bold, smooth, flavorful coffee.
- WICKED GOOD GUARANTEED: We're as tired of bland, low-quality coffee as you are. So if for any reason you're not satisfied with our imported, high-end coffee beans, just let us know within 30 days for a full refund. Order our micro lot single-origin coffee today, and taste the difference for yourself!
- Our tribute to the birthplace of coffee.
- Tasting Notes: Citrus and dark cocoa.
- Enjoy this with: A chocolate treat and a afternoon sunbreak.
- Roast: Medium
- Lena Deresse
- Kindle Edition
- Edition no. 1 (04/15/2014)
- Single Origin
- 12 oz. 3 Pack, Ground
- Coffee is roasted in our environmentally friendly coffee roaster.
- Mild Body, Medium Roast
- ORIGIN SPECIALTIES: This Green Unroasted Arabica coffee is sourced from family-owned farms in the Kochere district. Because of its high altitude of 1800-2200 meters and NATURALLY ORGANIC FARMING PRACTICES, wild heirloom varietals and iron-rich acidic soils, the district of Kochere is a prime area for producing an impeccable example of what YirgaCheffe has to offer.
- SHIPPING MATERIAL: Our product is shipped to you in Kraft 12 oz. bags which are made with a resealable zipper, 5 layer structure with foil lining, rounded corners, and a tear notch for easy opening. Dimensions L x W x Gusset: 10-1/2 in. x 6-3/4 in. x 3-1/2 in. 286 mm x 181 mm x 83 mm
- FLAVOR NOTES: Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffees are renowned for their beautiful herbaceous floral tones complemented by hints of fruit and vibrant citrus acidity for a complex and flavourful cup with a sweet, silky mouthfeel and a crisp, clean aftertaste.
- SOCIAL IMPACT: Close to 100,000 local inhabitants rely on coffee as their main crop with which to feed their families.
- ABSOLUTELY NO COMMITMENTS, NO OBLIGATIONS!
Top 5 Facts about Ethiopian Coffee
Coffee is drunk in almost all parts of the world and coffee lovers can be found everywhere. This article is going to tell you about the origin of the coffee. If we call Ethiopia the motherland of coffee it won’t be wrong. Let’s have a look at some interesting facts about Ethiopian coffee.
Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee. Ethiopia started trading in coffee in 2008. The flavor characteristics of this coffee are brightly fruited in floral. This coffee is mostly consumed by the domestic population. It is also a part of Ethiopian tradition because Ethiopian people just love coffee and are greatest coffee drinkers.
Ethiopia produces the best coffee because Ethiopian environment is best for coffee production. No extra conditions are required here to grow coffee unlike other parts of the world where farmers have to do a lot of hard work to provide coffee with the most suitable environment.
The coffee in Ethiopia is grown in dark forests which are also the origin of the coffee. It was first discovered in a forest Kafa because of which coffee is named so. In these forests, coffee is happily grown in the company of many other trees, for example, Pepper trees, bamboo trees, and cardamom trees.
Coffee is one of the main cultivations of the country and adds much to the economy of Ethiopia. First of all, Ethiopia started exporting coffee to Yemen and later to the entire world. Almost everyone in Ethiopia has their small plots of coffee.
The most abundant coffee forests of Ethiopia are Arabica forests. Another unique feature is that coffee plants are freely growing everywhere in Ethiopia. An Ethiopian historian tells how coffee was discovered. A shepherd smelled coffee in the breath of goats. He followed the route of its goats and discovered the coffee plant for the very first time in Ethiopia. The name of the shepherd was Kalli. First of all, he took coffee leaves and boiled them in water. This is how he discovered a unique taste of coffee. Then after a certain time, the beans of coffee were discovered and this culture evolved.
4. The culture of drinking Ethiopian coffee in traditional glasses
People and tourists in Ethiopia stand side by side to drink coffee in traditional small glasses which are used to drink coffee and it represents the uniqueness of the place of the origin of coffee. It’s a must try for every coffee lover.
5. Tasting Notes
In south Ethiopia, coffee beans with a rich mouthfeel and bright finish are produced whereas Sidamo green coffee beans are far less expensive than their Yirgacheffe counterparts. Eastern side of Ethiopia is known for its dry processed coffees whereas West Ethiopia produces the Ghimbi coffee beans distinguished by their sharp acidity, rich and complexity of aromas and flavors.
These were some of the interesting facts of the Ethiopian coffee. We are sure that if you are a true coffee lover whenever you visit any of Ethiopia you are going to take full benefit of your trip drinking coffee and keeping these interesting facts in mind. Happy Reading!
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-09-16