CoffeeStrong delivers the best Honduran Coffee on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated products….
Coffees grown in Honduras, generally having tasting notes describing them as full-bodied with a sweet and mild taste. Honduran coffees run the range of soft and nutty to bright and vibrant, making them difficult to identify in blends. More often than not, brands will feature them as their own single origin coffee.
Best Honduran Coffees Products
- Extremely rich and full bodied Well balanced
- 100% Colombian high altitude grown Arabica beans, primarily sourced from smaller family farms
- Medium roasted, our extra fine grind allows you to make a richer cup of coffee using up to 30% less coffee
- Roasted and packaged in Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Kosher certified
- CAFÉ MOLIDO EL INDIO: ground coffee from Honduras, produced with best-harvested grains of coffee.
- THE SMOOTHEST COFFEE YOU COULD EVER HAVE: Café El Indio has an irresistible flavor and aRoma. Has an intense dark color when brewed. It is surprisingly smooth and not bitter like many dark coffees.
- TAKE YOUR COFFEE EVERY MORNING AND SAVE TIME: Café El Indio comes with 16 individual plastic bags with 1 ounce each.
- GUARANTEED BEST COFFEE 100% Customer Satisfaction
- 5LB Bag, Whole Bean, Light Roast
- USDA Organic Certified by CCOF - 100% Arabica - Non GMO
- Rich and chocolaty with profound depth of flavor, velvety body, and low acidity.
- Process: Fully washed and dried on patio. Varietal: Catuai - Altitude: 1160-1310 meters above sea level.
- Origin: Honduras, Sharing Certified Program(TM)
- CAFÉ EL INDIO
- THE BEST COFFEE FROM HONDURAS
- CAFÉ EL INDIO is produced with best-harvested grains of coffee in Honduras
- Preferred in the homes of the consumers those who daily enjoy the best aroma,
- flavor, and quality of our coffee
- Honduras Comsa Marcala-citrus start with hints of cherry balanced by an almond-flavored, dark chocolate body with a sweet caramel finish.
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! This bean is much more lively than what is thought of as a typical Honduran coffee.
- It is bright, syrupy sweet, and energetic. Honduran coffee usually has a more laid back character than this offering.
- The fragrance of the brewed coffee is reminiscent of almonds and warm caramel with lemon lingering in the finish.
- This is not a heavy coffee, but it has a pleasant intensity and brightness that is memorable.
- Small Batch Roasted Specialty Coffee. 100% of the profits go towards orphans and vulnerable children.
- Medium Roast Whole Bean
- Fair Trade USA Certified
- Flavor Notes are "honey, lemon brightness with a hint of chocolate"
- 100% Specialty Honduran Arabica Coffee.
- Shade High Grown, Fair Trade Whole Bean Coffee.
- Smooth Well Balanced, Medium Body & Delicate Aroma. Certified by UTZ and Rainforest Alliance.
- Small Batch Roasted and packaged in Texas.
- Proud Go Texan member, Sustainable Farming and Social Responsible.
- Dark Roast
- A blend of Guatelmalan, Kenyan and Honduras Santa Rosa SHG
- Whole Bean
- 2 lbs Whole bean (unground) in a re-sealable bag
- Each of the 4 boxes contains 18 K-Cups
- No mess design protects from air, light and moisture
- Each K-Cup brews perfect individual servings
Top 10 Unique features of the Honduras Coffee
In the recent years, Honduras was not much known for its coffee production and taste profile. This coffee was mostly used as a base for coffee blends. Presently, this coffee has gained much interest due to its improved production and taste and has become much sought after. Some unique facts about this coffee have been discussed below:
1. History of coffee in Honduras
Coffee was never originally grown in Honduras, nor did they come from Central America. It was the Spaniards who brought in here in the 1700’s from Ethiopia where shepherds used to chew coffee leaves to make them stay awake throughout the night.
2. The economic significance of Honduras coffee
Coffee in Honduras is extremely significant for their economy. In 2011, Honduras became the top exporter of coffee in Central America.
3. Honduran Coffee not branded yet
Producers in Honduras have not been able to brand their coffee as yet. Coffee in Honduras is sold in coffee cans or packets without any tagline or brand.
4. Higher elevation
It is a well-known fact amongst coffee growers and connoisseurs that coffee grown on a higher elevation gives rise to beans that are superior and denser in taste. The Strictly High grown Coffee guidelines require coffee to be grown at an altitude of 4900 to 6400 feet.
5. Climatic Conditions
Honduras is blessed with rich volcanic soil, a shady climate and adequate rainfall which makes it ideal for a successful crop and superior quality coffee beans.
6. Processing, handling, and transport
It should be strictly kept in mind that even the finest quality beans lose their luster and taste if not processed properly. Storing it incorrectly by letting it sit for weeks in warehouses which do not have proper temperature and climate control can also damage the beans beyond repair.
7. Bean picking
Picking a bean at the right time is what makes coffee expensive. If the coffee beans are picked at the ‘red-berry stage’ the taste profile and flavor can reach full maturity.
8. The retail price of Honduran coffee
Prices of coffee in Honduras depends upon its quality. Prices can vary depending upon its quality. Cheaper prices can be found in open-air markets where coffee without packaging is sold.
9. The taste profile of Honduran Coffee
Honduran coffee has an aroma which resembles vanilla or hazelnut. Its flavor can be described as a city, chocolatey and nutty. It has a medium sized and round body with an acidity which is not much high, instead is soft and balanced.
10. Starbucks reserve program
Starbucks features a coffee named as ‘Honduras premier’ in their reserve program. This coffee has a creamy texture with honey and toffee flavor and pairs well with nuts and sugary food.
Coffee in Honduras is still evolving. It is an important export product for the country but efforts must be made by the government to improve branding and trade of the product which would fetch higher prices and would be excellent for the economy.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-06-10