CoffeeStrong delivers the best Kenya Coffee Products on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated….
HERE IS WHAT A TOP COFFEE IMPORTER HAS TO SAY ABOUT KENYA COFFEE:
Kenyan coffees are as majestic as the morning African sun. These are powerful bright coffees that run the gamut from lemony to peppery from blackberry fruit to winey richness. These characteristics come together in an extremely complex coffee that is truly vibrant. A great Kenyan is not a subtle delicate coffee but rather a coffee full of power and character.
Best Kenya Coffees Products
- A medium roast coffee that delivers bright and balanced flavor with notes of tropical fruit and brown sugar
- Exceptional whole bean coffee sourced from premier growing locations
- Contains only premium Arabica coffee beans
- Expertly blended and roasted to bring out the distinct flavors each premier growing region is known for
- Experience a world of flavor that takes you places
- 100% Pure Kenya AA Coffee Beans with a rich body, pleasant vibrant acidity, fragrant aroma and winy aftertaste with overtones of berries and citrus.
- Medium roasted whole beans for a remarkable taste. Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
- The "AA" grade marks out the very largest beans that naturally contain the largest amount of aromatic oils that are so integral to the coffee-drinking experience
- Highest grade of Kenyan coffee and considered to be one of the best Arabica coffees in the world,
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Single Origin
- Coffee is roasted in our environmentally friendly coffee roaster.
- 2 lb. Bag, Whole Bean
- Bold Body, Medium Dark Roast
- NEW look, same great taste!
- Full bodied and fruity with a rich blackberry finish.
- Medium roast, caffeinated coffee
- Fair Trade Certified and 100% Arabica
- Certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- Coffee is roasted fresh immediately prior to packaging
- Coffee beans are slow-roasted to bring out a fuller, more even flavor
- Whole bean coffee stays fresher longer
- Coffee beans are packaged to ensure optimal freshness
- 100% Kenya AA coffee beans
- SINGLE ORIGIN - 100% KENYA AA COFFEE: Kenya AA is considered to be one of the world's best coffee beans - the area has a reputation for absolute excellence, especially because it lies near the region where coffee beans first originated. Grown on volcanic soils and high altitudes, beans grow slower allowing more time for flavor development and maturity.
- CUPPING NOTES: Full body and rich, strong flavor with a pleasant acidity. Fragrant floral aroma with a winey finish and berry and citrus overtones.
- PROCESSING AND ROAST LEVEL: Beans are wet-processed (or washed), where the fruit covering the beans is removed before they are dried, to ensure a clean taste and bright acidity. Our Kenya AA beans are then given a Medium roast by one of Teasia's artisanal roasters.
- FRESH SPECIALTY ROASTED COFFEE: We roast all our beans in small batches using the most advanced (and environmentally friendly) technology available to develop the unique characteristics and flavor profiles of each coffee bean. All freshly roasted beans are packed and sealed within 24 hours to ensure maximum freshness and quality.
- STORAGE AND BREWING: To preserve your beans' fresh roasted flavor for as long as possible, we recommend they be stored in an air-tight container (or very tightly seal the bag it comes in), and keep it at room temperature. Avoid light to compromise the taste of your coffee, keep them in a dark and cool location. For best results, we recommend grinding your Teasia coffee no more than 15 minutes prior to brewing!
- KENYAN AA (GROUND): 16 oz (1 LB) Bag of Kenyan AA 100% Arabica ground coffee. AA graded beans are considered to be one of the world's best coffee beans. Grown at elevations higher than 6,600 feet means the beans grow slower, providing more nutrients & allowing them to develop their flavors.
- ROAST PROFILE: Medium/Dark Roasted. This special bean is known for its consistently rich fruit/berry flavor, a deep wine-like acidity, and pleasant aroma. Full-bodied, bold, & juicy.
- SCREEN 18 CRAFTED COFFEE: Screen 18 refers to the sorting screen used to differentiate size/quality of green coffee beans. Coffee grown at higher elevations produce larger and denser beans that contribute to superior tasting coffee. We only source SCREEN 18 beans to deliver the best, carefully crafted cup of coffee.
- FRESHLY ROASTED: Our coffee is freshly roasted in small batches to ensure superior taste & quality.
- COLONIAL COFFEE ROASTERS: Founded in 1945 in Miami Florida, our legacy spans three generations of pride, heritage, expertise, & tradition. We are expert coffee roasters and we sell all our coffee lines on Amazon: Caffe Contempo, Colonial Coffee, & Screen 18!
- A single bag of five pounds (total of 80 ounces)
- A bold, almost chocolaty brew with deep character
- Kenyan coffees are famous for their acidity and earthy tones
- Ground, measured, and sealed in convenient pillow packs
- 1.KENYA'S FINEST AA - Single Origin Kenya AA is grown in Kenya's fertile central highlands (Nyeri) where the high altitude, cool temperatures, and optimum balance of sunlight and rainfall provide excellent growing conditions
- 2.RICH AROMA AND TASTE - Chiru Coffee Connection's Kenya AA coffee has a taste note of rich fruity flavors with a light honey, citrus and berry taste overtones and a wine-like after taste. Also known for its pleasant, rich aroma
- 3.FAIR TRADE - Chiru Coffee Connection is proud to source the coffee beans directly from farmers in Kenya who work tirelessly and are 100% dedicated to the production of the coffee. Beans grown in an optimal environment and elevation with the perfect amount of sunlight and rainfall leading to premium beans roasted carefully to perfection.
- 4.BE THE HERO EVERY MORNING - Kenya AA coffee beans are medium roasted to perfection! This gives your grind the best aromas; rich, smooth, and inviting.
- 100% KENYA AA ARABICA GROUND COFFEE. SO WHAT MAKES A KENYA AA SO UNIQUE? The sweet fruity SL 28 Bourbon Arabica Coffee Variety is grown in Kenya's high altitudes with red, well drained volcanic soils and just the right amount of rainfall and equatorial sunshine. Additionally, meticulous attention to detail in coffee processing by well developed, farmer co-operatives all contribute in producing true Specialty Coffee like Java House Africa's Kenya AA.
- SINGLE SOURCE COFFEE, VERIFIABLE - NOT SURE IF IT'S REALLY A KENYA AA? Java House Africa Coffee bears a COFFEE KENYA MARK OF ORIGIN by which you can verify the unit in your hand as being a true Kenya AA. Just enter the numerical portion of the CBK/CMO code in the agricultureauthority.go.ke portal for an assurance that you're enjoying authentic value.
- PREMIUM HAND ROASTED COFFEE - BRINGS OUT THE FULL FLAVOUR - Medium roasted in small batches with careful precision by experienced Master Roasters to bring out the Full Flavour. With our ISO certified roasting system, you can expect Perfect Consistency in every Vacuum Sealed Bag.
- FRUITY FRAGRANCE & AROMA, BRIGHT FLAVOUR - PERFECT HOT OR COLD BREW - Java House Africa's Kenya AA Smooth, Full Body Coffee draws you in with the intense Fruity Fragrance in the grounds that almost doesn't want you to exhale and then comes alive in your palate with a Bright Blackcurrant and Grape-like Flavour that lingers on in an after taste that seems to last forever. A truly unforgettable experience.
- FAIR TRADE - FARMERS GET FAIR PRICE FOR THEIR COFFEE - We buy our coffee from the highly organized network Farmer's Coffee Cooperatives that bring the produce of their small-holder grower members to a well developed and transparent auction system that ensures they get fair prices.
- 100% Pure Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee from the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro that is wonderfully acidic, has a rich body, an intense flavor and a fragrant aroma coupled with mellow winy overtones.
- Medium roasted whole beans for a remarkable taste
- Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- 10 oz. bag
- Contains deep berry tones
- Made with Arabica perfect roasted beans
- Made with natural Arabica perfect roasted beans
- Gevalia Kenya Ground Coffee has flavorful taste
Top 10 Interesting facts about Kenyan Coffee
Kenyan has been popularly noted for its cooperative production system of coffee production which includes growing, processing, milling, marketing, and selling. A few interesting facts about the coffee of this region is discussed as below which will make for a great read:
1. Industry dominated by small-scale farmers
It has been estimated that around 70 percent of small-scale Kenyan farmers. This means that around 150,000 farmers are directly involved in the coffee production and a total of six million Kenyans have directly or indirectly been employed for their services by this industry.
2. Kenyan coffee-growing regions
Kenya boasts of owning the high altitude regions which work best for coffee growing and farming. These regions mostly include the high plateau regions around Mt. Kenya, the Aberdare range, Kisii, Nyanza, Bungoma, Nakuru, Kericho and the Machakos and Taita Hills in the East of the country.
3. Best Kenyan coffee
The best Kenyan coffee is the one which is freshly roasted by local coffee roasters, who have been jointly working with brokers and farmers. This provides transparency in the supply chain which allows the roasters to communicate with farmers and give them feedback for improvement. In the same way, farmers notify roasters about unexpected changes which allow them to make changes accordingly.
4. Kenyan coffee taste profile
Kenyan coffee has a distinctive taste which has an all over consistent flavor along with a deep acidity resembling wine. It has a pleasant aroma and a distinctly bright taste with undertones of fruits and berries. They usually have a body that is full or medium.
5. Kenyan Coffee Brands
Kenyan coffee is sold to brands like Starbucks or Amazon after being roasted quite sometime before being sold. This dulls the coffee’s flavor and makes customers wonder as to why the coffee was so highly rated in the first place. This loss of flavor can be slowed down by using a 1-way valve bag.
6. Starbucks Reserve program
Kenyan coffee was included to be a part of the Starbucks Reserve coffee program in August 2015.
7. Kenyan coffee plant varietals
Kenya’s reddish orange, loamy volcanic soil paired with a moderate climate has sprouted quite some different coffee plant varietals which include SL 28, SL 34, K7, Ruiru 11 and Batian. This has allowed Kenya to be a producer of world-class premium gourmet coffee.
8. Kenyan coffee harvesting
Kenyan coffee crops flower after rains, which usually occur in March and April. The coffee cherry ripens from May to July and then the second ripening period occurs during September and October.
9. Coffee bean processing
Coffee beans are processed by mechanical and electronic grading by weight, size, shape, and color. This takes place after milling and helps to isolate best coffee beans and also helps identify and remove the defective beans.
10. Kenyan Green Coffee Beans
Kenyan coffees are graded after harvesting with the general rule that bigger beans are of higher quality because they have more essential oils. The largest and the best Kenyan coffee beans are graded Kenya AA.
Hope these facts helped our readers get an idea about Kenyan coffee!
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-09-16